Are you a fan of healthy yet delicious desserts? If your answer is yes, then you don’t want to miss out on this amazing recipe of Oats and Sago Kanji. This Arabic dessert is a perfect blend of health and taste, and you can easily prepare it at home.
Oats and Sago Kanji Recipe
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp sago (sabudana)
- 1/2 cup jaggery/sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 10-12 cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, dry roast the oats until it turns slightly brown. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast sago until it turns slightly brown.
- Add 4 cups of water to the pan and cook the sago on low flame until it turns transparent. This should take around 15-20 minutes.
- Add the roasted oats into the pan and keep stirring it until it is cooked (should take around 10 minutes).
- Melt jaggery/sugar in a separate pan with some water and add it to the oats mixture.
- Stir the mixture for a few minutes until the jaggery/sugar is dissolved.
- Add cardamom powder and cashew nuts (optional) to the mixture and stir it well.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a small pan and fry some cashew nuts until they turn golden brown in colour. Use these to garnish the kanji.
Your delicious Oats and Sago Kanji is ready to sate your sweet tooth. Serve it hot or chilled according to your preference.
Oats Kanji Recipe, Oats Porridge Indian Style
If you are a fan of oats and looking for a healthy and delicious way to incorporate them in your diet, then try out this Oats Kanji recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add grated ginger and slit green chilli.
- Saute for 30 seconds and add rolled oats to the pan.
- Roast the oats on medium flame until they turn slightly brown in colour.
- Add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes or until the oats are cooked.
- Add milk to the pan and stir it well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Your healthy and delicious Oats Kanji is ready to serve.
Enjoy this tasty and nutritive breakfast dish and kickstart your day on a healthy note.
Oats Recipe for Weight loss, Oats Porridge with Fruits and Nuts
Are you trying to lose weight and looking for healthy yet delicious meal options? Try out this Oats Recipe, packed with fruits and nuts, it is the perfect way to start your day on a healthy note.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 chopped apple
- 1/2 chopped banana
- 6-8 almonds, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Bring milk and water to boil in a pan.
- Add rolled oats, chopped fruits, and almonds to the pan and cook until the oats are done.
- Remove from heat and add honey and cinnamon to the mixture.
- Stir well and serve hot.
This nutritious and delicious Oats Porridge is perfect for weight-loss and also provides your body with essential nutrients and energy required for the day.
വണ്ണം കുറയാൻ ആഗ്രഹിക്കന്നുവെങ്കിൽ ഇതു ഒന്ന് കഴിച്ചു നോക്കു | Oats
Oats Porridge/kanji, Recipe Petitchef
oats kanji porridge petitchef
Oats Kanji Recipe, Oats Porridge Indian Style – Raks Kitchen
Arabic Desserts: Oats And Sago Kanji
Try This Oats Kanji For Quick Weight Loss | Special Diet | Weight Loss
oats kanji loss weight try quick diet special