I am excited to share with you my favorite recipe for Famous Chicken Adobo. This dish is a staple in my household and it always brings me back to my childhood. It’s savory, tangy, and full of flavor. Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Let’s get started with the ingredients:
– 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
– 1 cup white vinegar
– 1 cup soy sauce
– 1 cup water
– 1 head garlic, chopped
– 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
– 3 bay leaves
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, water, black peppercorns, bay leaves, and sugar. Stir to combine.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
6. Remove the bay leaves and discard.
7. Serve the chicken with rice and pour the sauce over the top.
Now, let’s talk about the images in this post. The first image shows the finished dish, so you can see what the end result should look like. The second image shows the ingredients laid out so you can see what you need.
To make this dish, you’ll need bone-in chicken thighs, white vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaves, vegetable oil, and sugar.
In terms of the steps, you’ll start by heating the vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Then, you’ll add the garlic and chicken and cook until browned on both sides. After that, you’ll add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and then simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
That’s it! This is seriously one of the easiest and most delicious dishes you’ll ever make. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or even a special occasion.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Give it a try and let me know what you think!