If you’re looking for a comforting dessert that will warm your soul, look no further than these delectable apple pies.
Puff Pastry Apple Pie
This twist on an old favourite features a golden, flaky puff pastry crust and a luscious apple filling that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to get started:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 4 cups of diced and peeled apples
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Roll out your puff pastry sheets onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon the apple mixture onto one half of each puff pastry sheet, then fold the other half over to cover the filling.
- Cut slits into the top of each pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This classic apple pie is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with a buttery crust that’s sure to please. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 1 double pie crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced and peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Roll out the bottom pie crust and line a 9-inch pie dish with it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Dot the apples with butter.
- Roll out the remaining pie crust and place it over the top of the apples. Use a knife to cut slits into the top crust to allow steam to escape. Trim the edges of the crust and crimp them together.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 180C and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Whichever recipe you choose, these apple pies are sure to become a family favourite. Enjoy!