Have you ever heard of the Queen of Filipino cuisine? No? Well, let me introduce you to Judy Ann Santos, the talented actress, and chef behind these mouthwatering dishes.
Judy Ann Santos Cleans, Serves At Her Own Restaurant (Video)
Oh, Juday! Not only is she a talented actress, but now she’s a restaurant owner too! And did you know that she’s not too far from her restaurant’s operations? Yes, you read that right! You can catch her cleaning tables and serving customers like a boss.
Chicken Binakol Recipe
And do you know what’s even better? Judy Ann Santos is willing to share one of her famous recipes, Chicken Binakol. Mouthwatering, succulent, and a little spicy, this dish is a must-try!
- 1kg Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups young coconut meat strips or buko strips
- 1 liter coconut water from the buko or water
- 1 small-sized sayote cut into cubes
- 1 thumb-size ginger, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass or tanglad, sliced diagonally into one inch pieces
- 2-3 pieces green chili, sliced diagonally
- salt and pepper to taste
- spring onions and chili leaves for garnishing
- In a large pot, saute garlic, onion, and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it turns slightly brownish.
- Add the lemongrass, green chili, and the coconut water. Bring to a boil and simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the buko or coconut meat strips and sayote. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the sayote is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with spring onions and chili leaves.
Trust me, one bite of Judy Ann’s Chicken Binakol and you’ll never want to try any other recipe again! But, word of caution, you might end up craving more and more of this dish.
So, there you have it! Go ahead, try these mouthwatering dishes of the one and only Judy Ann Santos, and let us know how it turned out. Happy cooking!