If you’re craving something sweet and delicious, then you’re in for a treat! We’ve scoured the internet for the best donut and pie recipes, and we’ve got two delicious treats that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out our picks below:
Doughnuts and Pastries: The Perfect Treats for Any Time of Day
If you’re a fan of delicious doughnuts and pastries, then you won’t be able to resist this mouthwatering recipe. This recipe comes to us from Pin on Doughnuts/Pastries, and it is the perfect sweet treat for any time of day. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk with the sugar and salt.
- Stir in the egg and butter until well combined.
- Add in the flour and yeast and mix well.
- Form the dough into a ball and cover with a damp towel. Let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, start cooking the doughnuts and pastries. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Enjoy your delicious doughnuts and pastries!
Apple Pie for Dummies: Ina Garten’s Apple Crostata
If you’re in the mood for something sweet and comforting, then look no further than this incredible apple pie recipe. This recipe comes to us from Apple Pie for Dummies, and it is so easy to make that you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 piece frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, flour, oats, and walnuts.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll it out into a circle, about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place the apple filling in the center of the puff pastry, leaving about 2 inches of space around the edges.
- Dot the top of the apple filling with small pieces of butter.
- Carefully fold the edge of the puff pastry over the filling, making pleats as you go.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your deliciously easy Apple Crostata!
There you have it, two deliciously sweet recipes to help satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Whether you prefer doughnuts or pies, these recipes are sure to quickly become a family favorite. Give them a try and see for yourself!