Chicken Adobo – A Delicious Filipino Dish
Chicken Adobo is one of the most iconic and beloved dishes in the Philippines. It is a simple yet delicious meal made from chicken simmered in a savory mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and other spices. This slow cooker recipe is an easy and convenient way to make this classic Filipino dish.
– 4-5 bone-in chicken thighs
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup white vinegar
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 head of garlic, minced
– 1 bay leaf
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
– Cooked rice, for serving
1. In a slow cooker, add the chicken thighs, soy sauce, vinegar, water, brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a serving platter.
4. Skim the fat off the cooking liquid and discard the bay leaf. Pour the remaining liquid over the chicken.
5. Serve the chicken with rice and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro, if desired.
But before you dig in, let’s take a moment to appreciate the mouth-watering images of this dish.
Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
Chicken Adobo Recipe
Now, back to the dish. Chicken Adobo is perfect for any occasion, from casual weeknight dinners to special gatherings. It is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste. You can make it spicier by adding more chili peppers or sweeter by increasing the sugar.
This recipe is perfect for busy individuals who don’t have much time to prepare meals. You can simply throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do its magic. The result is tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken that will make you forget about takeout.
In conclusion, Chicken Adobo is a must-try dish for anyone looking to explore Filipino cuisine. It is a crowd-pleaser that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, grab your ingredients and get cooking!