If you’re looking to spice up your dinner routine, look no further than these mouth-watering Filipino recipes! The first dish we’ll be exploring is a classic favorite: chicken adobo.
Filipino Chicken Adobo
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Green onions and cooked rice for serving
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves in a large bowl.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and marinade and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
Next up, we have a delicious beef stir-fry called beef caldereta.
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green olives
- 1/4 cup liver spread
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for cooking
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear beef cubes until browned on all sides, then remove from pot.
- Add more oil if needed and sauté onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add beef back to the pot along with tomato sauce, beef broth, bay leaves, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1-2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, olives, and liver spread to the pot and simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with rice.
Both of these Filipino dishes are sure to impress your taste buds and shake up your regular dinner rotation. Give them a try tonight!