Apple pie is a classic recipe that everyone should know how to cook. Whether it’s a warm slice on a chilly night or a dessert at a family gathering, apple pie never disappoints. Here are two different variations of the recipe.
Recipe 1: Goodtoknow
- 500g sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5kg Bramley apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 25g butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a 20cm pie dish.
- Mix the apple slices, sugar, cinnamon and flour together in a bowl, then spoon the mixture into the pastry-lined dish.
- Dot the butter over the apples.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make a lid, place it on top of the pie and press the edges together to seal. Use a knife to trim off any excess pastry, then make a few slashes in the top to let the steam escape.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top and bake for 45-50 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is tender.
Recipe 2: Reddit
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled and cored apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Mix the apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; sprinkle over the apples and toss to coat evenly.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly.
Both of these apple pie recipes are delicious and easy to make. Whether you prefer your apple pies with a tart kick or a sweeter flavor, there’s a recipe out there for everyone. So grab some apples and start baking!