I don’t know about y’all, but there’s nothing like a good slice of apple pie. The sweet, tartness of the apples mixed together with the buttery, flakiness of the crust is like heaven in your mouth. And lucky for us, I found not one, but two bomb-ass apple pie recipes on the internet. So, whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just because you’re in the mood for something delicious, these recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Just make sure you have some vanilla ice cream on hand to top it off.
Our Favorite Apple Pie Recipe
If you want to impress your folks or maybe even bring a pie to a potluck, then this recipe is a must-try. It’s from the folks over at Epicurious and let me tell you—it’s the real deal. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 lbs of apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 double-crust pie dough
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with the bottom half of your pie dough and set aside.
- Add your sliced apples to a large bowl and toss them with your sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until they’re well coated.
- Pour the apple mixture into your pie dish and dot the top with your unsalted butter.
- Cover the top of the pie with the second half of your pie dough, then make a few slits on the top to allow air to escape.
- Bake your pie for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Old-Fashioned All-American Apple Pie Recipe
If you’re looking for a classic, down-home apple pie recipe, then this one’s for you. It’s from Epicurious, too, but it’s got its own unique twist. Here are the deets:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Melt your butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add your all-purpose flour and stir until it’s well combined.
- Add your water, white sugar, and brown sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add your sliced apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until the apples are well coated.
- Pour the apple mixture into your pie dish, then sprinkle the top with your 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Cover the top of the pie with your pie dough, then make a few slits on the top to allow air to escape.
- Bake your pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Now all that’s left to do is grab a fork and dig in—enjoy!