Today we are going to make some of the most delicious apple and pumpkin pies based on the famous video game, The Legend of Zelda. These pie recipes are perfect for every occasion, from Thanksgiving to Christmas and even for dessert after a long day at work. Let’s dive in!
Zelda’s Apple Pie Recipe
Our first recipe is Zelda’s Apple Pie, which is sure to change your taste buds forever. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Now let’s get started! Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water and sugar, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let it simmer.
- Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Add sliced apples to the mixture and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Roll out another piece of dough and place it on top to make a decorative crust. Seal the edges and brush the top crust with milk.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C).
- Then reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and continue to bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Your delicious apple pie is now ready to serve! Enjoy 🙂
Fortified Pumpkin Pie Recipe from Zelda Breath of the Wild
Next up, we have the famous Fortified Pumpkin Pie recipe from the popular video game, Zelda Breath of the Wild. Let’s get started!
- 1 & 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then add pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly and then add in the port wine and rum.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C), then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes or until the pie is cooked.
- Once cooked, let the pie cool down, and then slice it up into mouth-watering servings.
And there you have it, a delicious pumpkin pie recipe, perfect for any occasion!
The Final Verdict
There you have it folks, two unbeatable pie recipes based on your favorite video game. These recipes will definitely transform any dinner or event you’re hosting into something magical, and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to recreate and enjoy. Who knew video game-inspired food could be so delicious?
So go on, grab your apron and baking utensils, and get to work creating these amazing pies. Your taste buds – and your friends and family – will thank you in the end.