Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, I want to share with you my favorite recipe for Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Rice. This dish is a classic Filipino cuisine that has been passed down from generation to generation.
Filipino Chicken Adobo
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and season with black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the pan, along with bay leaves and water.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve the adobo hot over coconut rice.
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk, water, and salt to a boil.
- Add the rinsed jasmine rice and stir to combine. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 18-20 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve alongside the chicken adobo.
Enjoy this delicious and flavorful Filipino Chicken Adobo with Coconut Rice! Perfect for a cozy family dinner, or for impressing your friends at your next potluck. Happy cooking!