I don’t know about you, but nothing screams comfort food to me quite like a warm and delicious apple pie. And lucky for us, Woolworths has some amazing options to choose from. Let’s take a closer look at two of their offerings.
Woolworths Apple Pie Family 600g
This bad boy is perfect for when you have the family over and want to impress them with your baking skills. The pie is generously filled with juicy apples and has a buttery, flaky crust that will leave you wanting more.
- 600g Woolworths apple pie
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the apple pie from packaging and place on a baking tray.
- Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Cheddar crust apple pie
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, Woolworths TASTE has you covered with this cheddar crust apple pie. The crust is made with cheddar cheese and adds a delicious savory twist to the classic dessert.
- 3 cups Woolworths flour
- 1/4 cup Woolworths sugar
- 1 tsp Woolworths salt
- 1 cup Woolworths cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Woolworths unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 6 cups thinly sliced and peeled cooking apples
- 3/4 cup Woolworths brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Woolworths all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Woolworths ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Woolworths ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Woolworths salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and ice water. Gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough circle to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal, and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
I hope you enjoyed these Woolworths apple pie options as much as I do. Whether you opt for the classic family size or the cheddar crust variation, I’m sure your taste buds will thank you. Happy baking!