If you’re like me and love a good apple pie, then you’ll want to try out this Rustic Apple Pie recipe. This pie is perfect year-round and will have your whole house smelling like sweet cinnamon apples.
First things first, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 5 cups of thinly sliced, peeled and cored apples
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface.
- In a large bowl, mix together your apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Transfer the apple mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a border of about 2 inches.
- Fold the edges of the dough up and over the apples, pleating the dough as you go.
- Brush the top of the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with a little extra sugar if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Rustic Apple Pie recipe is quick and easy to make, and the end result looks like something out of a bakery! It’s perfect for family gatherings, picnics or even as a dessert for a romantic dinner for two. Enjoy!