Hey fam, I found this amazing recipe for Red Hot Apple Pie that I just have to share with y’all! It’s so easy to make and tastes absolutely incredible. Plus, it’s the perfect dessert to enjoy with family and friends during the upcoming holiday season.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 large egg white
- Additional sugar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in apple juice until smooth. Add candies and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and candies are melted.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add hot candy mixture; stir gently to coat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
And if you want to switch things up a bit, here’s another recipe for Baked Red Delicious Apples that you can try out:
- 4 large red delicious apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, walnuts, raisins (if using), cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stuff each apple with the mixture, filling to the top.
- Place the apples in a baking dish and dot the top of each with butter.
- Pour hot water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope y’all enjoy these recipes as much as I do! They’re both delicious and perfect for any occasion. Let me know how they turn out for you!