Chicken Adobo Recipe: A Flavorful Twist On A Classic Dish
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Do you want to add some depth of flavor to your cooking? Then, you need to try this Chicken Adobo recipe!
Chicken Adobo is a traditional Filipino dish that has gained popularity worldwide. It is a stewed chicken dish that is marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and other spices. The result is a flavorful and tender chicken that is perfect for dinner.
To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 lb chicken thighs
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup vinegar
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 head garlic, crushed
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 3 bay leaves
1. First, marinate the chicken. In a deep bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, and bay leaves. Mix well.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade, making sure each piece is well coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight for better results).
3. In a deep pot, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pot (reserve the marinade) and fry until lightly browned on both sides.
4. Pour in the reserved marinade and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve the Chicken Adobo hot with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables. Enjoy the flavors of this classic dish!
We’ve found two fabulous recipes that you can try at home. The first recipe is a traditional Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Pinoy Recipe. The recipe includes step-by-step instructions and is easy to follow.
The second recipe is a Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo recipe from Manila Spoon. If you don’t have time to watch over a pot, then this slow-cooker recipe is perfect for you. Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, and in a few hours, you’ll have a delicious and flavorful Chicken Adobo.
No matter which recipe you choose, you will fall in love with the flavors of Chicken Adobo! Try it today and add it to your list of go-to chicken recipes.