Today, we’re going to talk about one of the healthiest beverages out there: oat milk. Not only is it naturally gluten-free, but it’s also low in fat and high in vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium and vitamin D. Plus, it’s super easy to make at home!
To start, you’ll need some rolled oats, water and a blender. We found a great recipe online at Detoxinista which we’ve put into our own words below for your convenience.
Oat Milk Recipe
Here’s your simple, tasty recipe for oat milk:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- In a blender, combine the rolled oats and water.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds or until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl or pitcher, using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- If desired, add a pinch of salt or sweetener to taste.
- Store the oat milk in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Now that you’ve made your own fresh oat milk, what can you do with it? One option is to enjoy it on its own, but there are also many other ways to use it in recipes. Below, we’ve found some great ideas for you:
Basic Overnight Oats Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast idea, try this basic overnight oats recipe from Super Healthy Kids:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (including oat milk!)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or container with a lid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir well and add additional toppings if desired (such as berries, nuts, or granola).
Creamy Oatmeal Recipe
For a warm and satisfying breakfast, try this creamy oatmeal recipe from One Green Planet, which uses oat milk to make it extra creamy:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the rolled oats, water, oat milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until the oats are tender and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat and serve hot, topped with your favorite ingredients (such as fresh fruit or nuts).
We hope these recipes provide some inspiration for how you can incorporate oat milk into your diet. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Oat Milk | How To Make Oat Milk (Not Slimy!) Detoxinista
10 Ways To Make Your Oatmeal Creamier Without Milk – One Green Planet
oatmeal milk without onegreenplanet creamier mcclees heather support
Keto Vegan "Overnight Oats" 4 Ingredients, Grain-free | Power Hungry
oats powerhungry keto helio plum
Oat Milk Recipe: How To Make Oat Milk | Lifestylehotblog.com
How To Make Basic Overnight Oats – Super Healthy Kids | Low Calorie
oats superhealthykids oatmeal oat