Oat Milk: The New Dairy Alternative
Are you tired of the high cost and environmental impact of dairy milk? Have you been curious about trying a plant-based alternative? If so, oat milk is an excellent option that is easy and affordable to make at home.
To get started, you’ll need rolled oats, water, a blender, and a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth). For a serving size of about four cups, use one cup of rolled oats and four cups of water. You can adjust the amounts to your liking, but this is a general guideline.
How to Make Oat Milk
1. Rinse one cup of rolled oats with water and drain.
2. Add the rinsed oats and four cups of fresh water to a blender.
3. Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
4. Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth) into a bowl or jar.
5. Squeeze the bag (or cheesecloth) until all the liquid has been extracted.
6. Transfer the oat milk to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Now that you have your homemade oat milk, why not try it in a recipe? Pumpkin Overnight Oats are an easy and delicious breakfast idea that will keep you full and energized throughout the morning. The ingredients are:
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 cup oat milk
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
– 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– 1/4 tsp salt
– Optional toppings: chopped nuts, dried cranberries, extra maple syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, stir the mixture and add additional milk or sweetener if desired.
4. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot
If you prefer a heartier breakfast, try making Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot. This recipe is easy to make and has a delicious nutty flavor. The ingredients are:
– 1 cup steel cut oats
– 3 cups water or oat milk
– 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp salt
1. Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir well.
2. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealed.
3. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
5. Open the lid and stir the oats.
6. Serve hot with desired toppings, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or a drizzle of honey.
In conclusion, oat milk is an easy and affordable dairy alternative that is versatile and delicious. Use it in recipes like Pumpkin Overnight Oats and Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot for a healthy and filling breakfast. Plus, making oat milk at home allows you to avoid the unnecessary packaging and additives found in store-bought versions. Give it a try and see how easy and tasty a plant-based diet can be!
How To Make Oat Milk ($.07 Per Serving) – Real Food Real Deals
oat oats granola
Pumpkin Overnight Oats – Andie Mitchell
The Right Way To Prepare Oatmeal And 5 Tips For Making It Better
oatmeal oats recipes quick cooking better breakfast prepare recipe healthy bowl way tips taste making so old fashioned loss weight
Steel Cut Oats Recipe For The Instant Pot – Simple And Delicious
recipe oats cut steel instant pot
How To Make Oatmeal 4 Flavor Variations – Eating Bird Food
oatmeal oats water rolled healthy stovetop method focus going making re go