One of the most important aspects of Asian cuisine is the use of healthy and nutritious ingredients in cooking. Oats is one such ingredient that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years for its health benefits. In this post, we will be sharing some delicious and easy oats recipes in the form of a payasa and khichdi.
Oats Payasa Recipe
To make oats payasa, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup cashews and raisins
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins until golden brown. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, roast the oats until they turn slightly brown and keep them aside.
- In a separate pan, boil the milk and add the roasted oats.
- Keep stirring the mixture and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- Add sugar or sweetener of your choice and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Garnish with fried cashews and raisins and serve hot or cold.
Oats Khichdi Recipe
To make oats khichdi, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potato)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Lemon juice for taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and green chilli and fry until the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the mixed vegetables and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Pour in water or vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until the oats are soft and the vegetables are cooked.
- Add lemon juice (optional) and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
These oats recipes are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. They are a great alternative to traditional rice-based dishes and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Try these recipes and enjoy the goodness of oats in a flavorful and healthy way.
Oats Khichdi Recipe: ತೂಕ ಇಳಿಸುವ ಈ ಓಟ್ಸ್ ಕಿಚಡಿ ಮಧುಮೇಹಿಗಳಿಗೂ ಒಳ್ಳೆಯದು
Do Oats Mean ‘jou’ In Hindi? – Quora
Oats Khichdi/quick Weight Loss With Oats Recipe In Kannada By Manjula
Kannada Aduge | Recipes In Kannada: Oats Payasa Recipe In Kannada
Oats Laddu Recipe: ಈ ಲಡ್ಡು ಸೇವಿಸಿದರೆ ಮೈ ತೂಕ ಹೆಚ್ಚಲ್ಲ – Kannada Boldsky