Steel Cut Oats with Orange Zest and Cranberry Sauce
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option, then steel cut oats are the way to go! This recipe for Steel Cut Oats with Orange Zest and Cranberry Sauce is not only tasty, but also packed with nutrients to start your day off right.
To begin, you’ll need to gather your ingredients:
– 1 cup of steel cut oats
– 2 cups of water
– 1 cup of cranberries
– 1/4 cup of maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon of orange zest
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Start by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add 1 cup of steel cut oats and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the oats are cooking, you can prepare the cranberry sauce. Combine 1 cup of cranberries, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens.
Once the oats are done cooking, divide them into bowls and top with the cranberry sauce.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Looking for a sweet and satisfying breakfast option that’s still healthy? This Baked Oatmeal Recipe is the perfect choice! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and perfect for meal prep.
To get started, gather your ingredients:
– 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 cups of milk
– 1 large egg
– 1/3 cup of butter, melted
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of chopped nuts and/or fresh fruit
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of old-fashioned oats, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 cups of milk, 1 large egg, 1/3 cup of melted butter, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Fold in 1 cup of chopped nuts and/or fresh fruit, such as blueberries, raspberries, or apples. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal is set.
Serve warm, with a drizzle of maple syrup and a scoop of vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Tasty and Healthy Oats Recipes to Try Out: 5 Recipes of Oats Dishes
Oats aren’t just for breakfast! They can also be used in a variety of savory dishes, from soups to stews to casseroles. Here are five tasty and healthy oats recipes to try out:
1. Oats Upma: This Indian-inspired dish combines oats with vegetables, spices, and nuts for a hearty and flavorful meal. To make it, heat some oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Then, add chopped onions and sauté until translucent. Add chopped vegetables like carrots and peas, along with some chopped nuts like peanuts or cashews. Mix in some oats and water, and let it cook until the oats are tender. Serve hot with a drizzle of lemon juice.
2. Oats and Lentil Soup: This hearty soup is packed with protein and fiber, making it a great option for a filling lunch or dinner. To make it, sauté some onions and garlic in a pot until soft, then add red lentils and oats. Pour in some vegetable broth and let it cook for around 20 minutes. Season with cumin, coriander, and paprika, and serve hot.
3. Oats and Mushroom Risotto: This twist on a classic Italian dish uses oats instead of rice for a healthier and heartier version. To make it, sauté some chopped mushrooms in a pot with garlic, thyme, and olive oil until browned. Add in some oats and broth, and let it cook until tender. Stir in some grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
4. Oats and Vegetable Casserole: This comforting casserole is full of veggies and is a great option for a family dinner. To make it, chop up some vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers, and layer them in a baking dish. Mix up some oats with tomato sauce and seasoning, and pour it over the veggies. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown and the veggies are tender.
5. Oats and Tuna Salad: This protein-packed salad is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner. To make it, mix up some cooked oats with canned tuna, chopped vegetables like celery and bell peppers, and a dressing made with olive oil and lemon juice. Serve chilled over a bed of greens.
All of these recipes are not only delicious, but also full of nutrients that will help you stay full and energized throughout the day. Give them a try and see how versatile oats can be!
Oats Recipes | 32 Easy Indian Oats Recipes | Quick Oatmeal Recipes
oats oatmeal cut steel recipes recipe indian vegetables lentils bisibelebath cooked mixed easy
Baked Oatmeal Recipe – Dinner At The Zoo
oatmeal baked recipe dinner dinneratthezoo meal healthy
Steel Cut Oats With Orange Zest And Cranberry Sauce
oats cranberry desayunos veganos havermout zest cooking ways cookieandkate saludables variaties heerlijke cranberries alimenticio vegano fruit sanuy
A Nourishing Bowl Of Oats For Dinner – A Balanced Meal In A Bowl
oats nourishing fats chia element
Tasty And Healthy Oats Recipes To Try Out 5 Recipes Of Oats Dishes To