Are you looking for a healthy yet delicious breakfast option? Look no further than Oats Poha – a flavorful and nutritious dish that’s easy to make and perfect for those busy weekday mornings.
To start, gather your ingredients:
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 cup poha (flattened rice)
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon urad dal (split and dehusked black gram)
– 1 teaspoon chana dal (split bengal gram)
– 1-2 dry red chilies
– 8-10 curry leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Begin by rinsing the poha in a strainer and soaking it in water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add in 1 teaspoon each of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, and chana dal. Throw in 1-2 dry red chilies and 8-10 curry leaves for added flavor. Sauté until the seeds start to pop.
Next, add in the soaked poha and 1 cup of rolled oats. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes until everything is heated through. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
Finish off by sprinkling 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over the mixture and garnishing with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot and enjoy the flavorful combination of oats and poha that will keep you full and energized throughout your day.
But why stop there? Want to take your Oats Poha to the next level? Try out these tasty variations:
– Add in some chopped vegetables like carrots, peas, and bell peppers for added nutrients and texture.
– If you’re feeling spicy, add in some green chilies or chili powder for a little kick.
– Top with some grated coconut or roasted peanuts for added crunch and flavor.
No matter how you choose to customize it, Oats Poha is a tasty and healthy breakfast option that’s sure to become a staple in your morning routine.
oats poha recipe sprinkled sev chutney serve choice hot ruchiskitchen
Savory Onion-Tomato Breakfast Oats – Indian Oats Poha Recipe
oats savory poha
oats poha spices mix well recipe ruchiskitchen
oats poha recipe ruchiskitchen
oats poha recipe savory shares