Hey there, pie lovers! Are you all set to indulge in the goodness of scrumptious apple pie? Let’s embark on a culinary journey and explore the recipe for one of the best apple pies that you have ever had!
First things first, let’s take a look at the star of our show, the granny smith apples. The perfect apple pie requires tart, crispy, and firm apples, and granny smith apples are just the perfect fit. The crust, though underrated, plays an equally crucial role in adding that extra touch of flavor to the pie; a blend of flour, sugar, salt, butter, and cold water does the magic.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe!
**Old-Fashioned Apple Pie:**
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 6 Granny Smith apples – peeled, sliced, and cored
– 1 unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Take a 9-inch pie dish, and line it with the pie crust.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour to form a paste.
4. Add the water, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the sliced apples to the saucepan. Cook for around five minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pie crust.
7. Cover the mixture with another layer of dough, sealing the edges well.
8. Prick holes in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape.
9. Bake for around 15 minutes at 220°C, then reduce the temperature to 175°C and continue baking for an additional 35 to 45 minutes.
10. Cool the pie for at least an hour, and voila! Your delicious old-fashioned apple pie is ready to be served.
So, there you have it, folks, the recipe for one of the best apple pies out there. And what’s a recipe without some mouth-watering pictures? Take a look at these beauties that we found!
Yummy In Your Tummy
These pictures just make us drool, don’t they? They make us want to take a bite right now!
So, next time you’re looking to bake a delicious dessert, give this old-fashioned apple pie recipe a try. It’s a classic for a reason and is sure to leave everyone craving for more. Enjoy!