Apple pies are a classic and beloved dessert, and McDonald’s apple pies have been a fan favorite for decades. However, nothing beats a homemade version of this delicious treat. So why not try making your own McDonald’s apple pies?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6-7 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 premade pie crusts, rolled out and cut into circles
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the water, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Add the diced apples and stir until they are coated in the mixture.
- Simmer the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the apples are slightly softened but not mushy.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Place the premade pie crusts into greased pie tins. Spoon the apple mixture onto one half of each crust, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Fold the other half of the crust over the apple mixture and press the edges together to seal.
- Cut a few slices into the top of each pie to let steam escape. You can also brush the top of the pies with egg wash if you like.
- Bake the pies for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Let the pies cool slightly before serving.
These homemade McDonald’s apple pies are so delicious, you won’t believe you made them yourself! The recipe makes enough for 2 pies, so you can share one with friends or freeze it for later. And don’t forget to enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate apple pie experience.