Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Do I have a treat for you foodies out there! I stumbled upon this heavenly recipe and I just had to share it. Get your taste buds ready for some Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo!
First, let’s admire this beautiful piece of art that is the Pin on Food picture. Don’t you just want to dive in and swim around in all that deliciousness?! *drool* Okay, okay, let’s stop daydreaming and get to cooking.
We start with some bone-in chicken thighs (skin removed, ain’t nobody got time for that). In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf and water to make the marinade. Then you just dump that mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker and let it do its magic for 6-8 hours. Yes, you heard that right, SIX to EIGHT hours of anticipation.
Now let’s take a moment to appreciate this beautiful Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo. I mean, just look at that perfectly cooked chicken! Plus, the flavors are just bursting through your screen, aren’t they?
Next, we move on to the ingredients and instructions. Get ready for some serious food porn!
– 4-5 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
– 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
– 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
– 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
– 2 bay leaves
– 1/2 cup water
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf and water to make the marinade.
2. Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour in the marinade. Make sure the chicken is submerged in the mixture.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve with rice and some of the sauce from the slow cooker.
And voila! You have just created a masterpiece that your taste buds will thank you for. But, let’s not forget our friend, the Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo picture. Look at that beauty, who needs a significant other when you have food like this?
Now go on, give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments how your taste buds feel about it. Don’t be shy, I promise I won’t judge if it’s love at first bite.