If you’re a foodie who loves to experiment with new recipes, then the latest trend in town might interest you. Kmart Pie Maker lovers, who swear by the convenience and versatility of this handy kitchen tool, have now found a new use for it – making KFC pies! These savory treats are easy to make and taste delicious, so keep reading to find out how.
- 250g boneless chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets ready-made puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pour the olive oil into the Pie Maker and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Cook the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, then add the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Add the thyme, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to cook for another 5 minutes, then remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Use a cookie cutter or any other round object that is slightly larger than the indentations in the Pie Maker, to cut out circles from the puff pastry.
- Place each circle of puff pastry into the indentations of the Pie Maker, pressing it down to create a base.
- Add the cooled chicken mixture in each base and use the remaining puff pastry circles to cover the top of each pie, pressing the edges down gently to seal.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg and cook the pies for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up.
These KFC pies are crispy and delicious, with tender chicken and a creamy, thyme-infused filling. You can also experiment with other fillings and variations, such as adding cheese, vegetables or even bacon. So if you’re looking for a fun and easy way to create tasty snacks and meals, then pick up a Kmart Pie Maker and join the trend today!