Oh my goodness, do I have a killer chicken adobo recipe for you today! Trust me, if you’re not already drooling at just the thought of Filipino-style chicken adobo simmered in a soy sauce-vinegar mixture, you will be by the end of this post!
First up, we’ve got this mouth-watering chicken adobo from Panlasang Pinoy:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs and legs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a bowl or a large Ziplock bag, combine chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade (but don’t discard the marinade!). Sear the chicken in the pan until brown on both sides.
- Add the marinade to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to mix.
- Serve with rice.
If that doesn’t have you wanting to run to your kitchen right now, I don’t know what will!
But wait, there’s more!
Our second recipe comes from Melanie Cooks and is an Instant Pot version of chicken adobo that is sure to become a favorite in your household.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot: chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, honey, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Close the lid and set the valve to “sealing”. Cook on high pressure for 14 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally or use a quick release to let out the pressure quickly.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred it.
- Switch the Instant Pot to “saute” mode and let the sauce reduce for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the Instant Pot and stir to coat it in the sauce.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Is your mouth watering yet? If not, I’m sorry to say that you might be broken!
Now, excuse me while I go whip up some chicken adobo for myself!