Let’s talk about one of my favorite dishes – Chicken Adobo! This Filipino classic is a perfect blend of sweet and sour, making your taste buds dance with joy. And, boy, do I have a great recipe for you.
First, let’s start with some delicious images that’ll make you drool. Check out these two mouth-watering pictures that’ll make your tummy growl in hunger.
Now that your tummy is rumbling, let’s get down to business. Here’s what you’ll need to whip up this delicious dish.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Got everything? Great! Time to get cooking.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Increase heat to high and let it boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened, and the chicken is cooked through. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid burning the sauce.
- Serve hot with rice and steamed vegetables, and enjoy!
There you have it – a delicious and easy-to-make Chicken Adobo recipe that’ll make you want seconds, and maybe even thirds. So, put on your apron and get cooking! Your taste buds will thank you for it.