If you’re a fan of rich and flavorful slow cooker dishes, then you need to try this chicken adobo recipe! It’s a traditional Filipino dish that is easy to make and packed with delicious flavors that both adults and kids will love.
Satisfy Your Cravings With This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe
Adobo usually consists of pieces of meat cooked with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and other seasonings. This recipe excludes the soy sauce but still features the mouthwatering taste of traditional adobo. Add this recipe to your dinner rotation for a dinner that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk together white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken and add water.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice and top with green onions and cilantro.
Indulge In The Deliciousness Of This Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe
This chicken adobo is a classic recipe that will become a household favorite. The slow cooking process makes the chicken extremely tender and flavorful. The combination of the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and spices gives the dish a tangy and slightly sweet taste that balances perfectly with the chicken.
Plus, this dish is incredibly easy to make. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, or for when you want to impress your friends with your culinary skills. All you need is a few basic ingredients and a slow cooker, and you’re ready to go.
Add This Recipe To Your Dinner Rotation
There are so many reasons to love this chicken adobo recipe. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for a hearty dinner. Plus, the recipe can easily be doubled to feed a larger crowd.
So go ahead and try this classic Filipino dish tonight. It’s sure to become a family favorite, and is the perfect way to indulge in a deliciously satisfying meal.
Images source: Manila Spoon