Let’s talk about one of the most delicious and exotic dishes that you’ve probably never heard of: Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk. This dish is originally from the Philippines and has become very popular all over the world due to its unique and rich flavor.
Easy Chicken Adobo Recipe
If you’re a fan of rich and savory flavors, then you’ll be in love with this classic Filipino dish. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, coconut milk, bay leaf, and black pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and add the chicken back into the pan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Simmer the sauce on medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until thickened to your desired consistency.
- Serve the chicken with rice and pour the sauce on top.
There you have it! This Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk dish will surely impress your family and friends. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
If you want to add some heat to your dish, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top of the chicken before serving. You can also use chicken drumsticks or wings instead of chicken thighs or breasts.
Another great tip is to marinate the chicken in the sauce for a few hours or overnight before cooking. This will not only help the chicken absorb more flavor, but it will also help tenderize it.
This Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk dish is perfect for a cozy night in or a dinner party. Give it a try and impress your guests with your cooking skills!