Are you craving the warm, comforting taste of homemade apple pie? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve got a delicious recipe for you! And the best part? It’s super easy to make, thanks to store-bought crust.
To start, preheat your oven to 375°F. While it’s heating up, prepare your crust by rolling it out and placing it into a 9-inch pie dish. In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 cups of thinly sliced Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored), 3/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything together until the apples are coated in the sugar mixture, then pour it into the prepared crust.
Next, it’s time to add the top crust. You can either place another store-bought crust on top and crimp the edges together, or you can get fancy and create a lattice or cutouts. Whatever your preference, make sure to brush the top crust with a beaten egg before putting it in the oven.
Bake your apple pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into it.
Now, let’s talk about those mouth-watering images we’ve included. First up, we have a stunning image of a Mile High Apple Pie. As you can see, it’s piled high with apples and has a perfectly crispy crust. This is what your pie could look like with a little creativity in the kitchen!
Next, we have a Double-Crust Apple Pie that looks just as amazing. The lattice crust on top is a work of art and will impress all your dinner guests. Don’t worry, though, with the store-bought crust, it’s still easy to make.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some apples and a pie crust and get to baking! Your taste buds will thank you.
– 1 store-bought pie crust
– 6 cups of Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
– 3/4 cup of white sugar
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1 beaten egg
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Roll out your store-bought pie crust and place it into a 9-inch pie dish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the thinly sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until the apples are coated.
4. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared crust.
5. Add the top crust and crimp the edges together, or create a lattice or cutouts. Brush the top crust with the beaten egg.
6. Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
7. Let the pie cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into it. Enjoy!