Today, I am excited to share with you a recipe that is sure to make you the envy of all your friends – Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie! This delicious dessert is a perfect blend of cinnamon sweetness and apple flavor, all baked into a flaky crust that will leave your taste buds singing.
To get started, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. For the crust, you’ll need flour, sugar, salt, and butter. For the filling, you’ll need apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. And for the topping, you’ll need cinnamon rolls, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
To make the crust, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in the butter, using a pastry cutter or your hands to work it into the flour mixture until it becomes crumbly. Then, add cold water until the mixture forms into a ball. Roll out the dough into a circle and transfer it to a pie dish.
Next, make the filling. Peel and thinly slice the apples and mix them with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
For the topping, unroll the cinnamon rolls and lay them on top of the apple filling. Bake the pie in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
While the pie is baking, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a small mixing bowl. Once the pie is done, let it cool for a few minutes before drizzling the cream cheese mixture on top.
And there you have it – a delicious and unforgettable Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Enjoy!
For the crust:
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup butter
– 4-6 tbsp cold water
For the filling:
– 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples (about 6-7 medium apples)
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
– 1 can cinnamon rolls
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1-2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Add in butter, cutting it in until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add in cold water, 1 tbsp at a time, until a dough ball forms. Roll out and place into a pie dish.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into pie crust.
5. Unroll cinnamon rolls and lay on top of apple filling.
6. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
7. In a small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
8. Allow pie to cool for a few minutes before drizzling cream cheese mixture on top.
9. Enjoy your delicious Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie!