Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that has become popular all around the world. It is a savory, tangy, and slightly sweet dish that is made with chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and other spices. If you are looking for a quick and easy chicken adobo recipe, you have come to the right place.
Here is a simple and delicious chicken adobo recipe that will surely satisfy your cravings.
Easy Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1/2 cup Filipino vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, water, peppercorns, bay leaves, and brown sugar to the pan.
- Stir everything together to make sure the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Simmer the chicken for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook the chicken for a few more minutes to reduce the sauce and thicken it up.
- Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns from the pan before serving.
This chicken adobo recipe is simple and easy to follow, and it only takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. It makes a great meal for any day of the week, and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd. You can serve it with steamed rice and some steamed vegetables or a side salad.
If you want to mix things up a bit, you can also try adding some different ingredients to this chicken adobo recipe. You can add some sliced onions, diced potatoes, or even some coconut milk for a creamy twist on the classic recipe.
So go ahead and give this easy chicken adobo recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!