Adobo Chicken: A Delicious and Easy Filipino Dish
If you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe to try out, you might want to consider making Adobo Chicken. This classic Filipino dish is quick, easy, and bursting with flavor, making it a perfect addition to your dinner or lunch menu.
To start off, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/2 cup of soy sauce
– 1/2 cup of white vinegar
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 bay leaf
– 1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorns
1. In a large pot, combine the chicken with the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns.
2. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the chicken cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until it becomes tender.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside.
4. Strain the sauce into a separate bowl or container, then return it to the pot and simmer it on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir everything together, making sure the chicken is coated with the sauce. Let everything cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
6. Serve the Adobo Chicken over rice and garnish it with chopped green onions or cilantro for extra flavor.
Now that you know how to make Adobo Chicken, it’s time to get started! To make things even easier, check out the images below for a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
Step 2: Cook the chicken and sauce
Step 3: Strain the sauce
Step 4: Add the chicken back to the sauce and cook
And there you have it – a delicious and easy Adobo Chicken recipe that you can make at home. So why not give it a try and see how it turns out? We guarantee you won’t be disappointed!