When it comes to dessert, nothing beats a good apple pie. And if you’re looking for a quick and easy option, try this recipe for an apple pie with premade graham cracker crust. It’s simple to make, and the results are delicious!
What You’ll Need:
– 1 premade graham cracker crust
– 6 cups thinly sliced peeled and cored apples
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, lemon juice, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour. Toss to coat the apples evenly.
3. Pour the apple mixture into the premade graham cracker crust.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
5. Let the pie cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
And there you have it! A delicious and easy-to-make apple pie that will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you’re making it for a family gathering or just for yourself, this recipe is a winner.
Healthy Eating Tip:
For a healthier version of this recipe, you can substitute the premade graham cracker crust for a homemade whole wheat crust. You can also use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
Looking for another healthy option? Check out this recipe for a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
What You’ll Need:
– 1 cup uncooked quinoa
– 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (such as cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
3. Toss the chopped mixed vegetables with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, parsley, basil, and dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This quinoa salad is a great option for a healthy lunch or dinner. It’s packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients, and it’s also very tasty. And if you have any leftovers, it makes a great next-day meal too!
So whether you’re in the mood for a sweet treat or a healthy meal, these recipes have got you covered. Give them a try and let us know what you think!