Who doesn’t love a warm, delicious homemade apple pie straight out of the oven? Today, we’re sharing not just one, but two amazing recipes for this classic dessert that will make your mouth water.
Homemade Apple Pie with Easy Oil Crust
If you’re looking for a pie recipe that’s easy to make and tastes amazing, look no further than this Homemade Apple Pie with Easy Oil Crust. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5-6 cups thinly sliced apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour and salt together. Add in the oil and milk and stir together until it forms a dough.
- Place the dough in a 9-inch pie dish and press it against the sides and bottom.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie dish.
- Bake the pie in the oven at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
This Homemade Apple Pie with Easy Oil Crust is so delicious, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
The Best Apple Pie Recipe
If you’re more of a traditionalist and prefer a classic apple pie recipe, this one’s for you. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6-7 cups thinly sliced apples (peeled and cored)
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour to form a paste. Add in the water, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the apples and the sugar mixture.
- Fill one pie crust with the apple mixture.
- Top the apple mixture with the second pie crust.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue baking for another 35-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
This Best Apple Pie Recipe is an all-time classic that you can’t go wrong with. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra yumminess.
Now that you have not one, but two amazing apple pie recipes under your belt, invite some friends over and enjoy a delicious slice of warm, homemade apple pie. Trust us, it’ll be worth it.