What’s better than a warm slice of homemade apple pie on a cool autumn evening? Nothing beats the comforting aroma and taste of freshly baked apple pie. Today, I’d like to share a delicious recipe for Apple Pie that I recently discovered.
ABs Apple Pie Recipe
This recipe comes from Greenwillow Books and is guaranteed to provide you with a tasty pie. But before we dive into the ingredients and instructions, let’s take a moment to appreciate the art of baking. For me, baking has always been a way to de-stress and relax. There is something so therapeutic about kneading dough, mixing ingredients, and watching them transform into a beautiful finished product. So, let’s put on some music and get baking!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 2 tbsp ice water.
- 7 cups thinly sliced apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the crust, blend flour, salt, and butter in a bowl until the mixture forms pea-size crumbs. Add cold water and mix until the dough comes together. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and transfer to a 9-inch pie dish, trimming it to fit the edges.
- In a large bowl, mix together apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons of butter. Spoon the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool before serving. Enjoy!
Enjoy Your Apple Pie!
There you have it, a simple and delicious recipe for apple pie that will undoubtedly become a favorite in your household. Remember, baking is all about enjoying the process and indulging in the fruits of your labor. So, put on your apron and get ready for a delightful baking experience!