Do you love the sweet and comforting taste of apples, but want to watch your weight at the same time? Look no further than these delicious recipes that are perfect for those following the Weight Watchers plan.
Fried Apple or Peach Pies
Indulge in the satisfying crunch of these fried pies without worrying about ruining your diet. Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of finely chopped apples or peaches
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 10 won-ton wrappers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine the finely chopped fruit, flour, sugar substitute, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss to combine well.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Working with one won-ton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of the fruit mixture onto the center of the wrapper.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with the melted butter.
- Place another wrapper on top and press the edges together to seal.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the pies to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute on each side, until they are crisp and golden brown.
Enjoy these sweet and crunchy pies as a tasty treat or dessert!
Apple Recipes for Weight Watchers
If you’re looking for more healthy ways to enjoy apples, try out these recipes:
1. Baked Cinnamon Apples
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, core and slice 4 apples into thin pieces. Place the apple slices in a baking dish and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Spray the apples with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are tender and lightly golden brown.
2. Apple Crumble
Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine 6 cups of thinly sliced apples, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar substitute, 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix until the ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
With these delicious and healthy apple recipes, you can indulge in the flavors you love without sacrificing your diet. Give them a try today!