If you’re looking to impress your guests with a unique dessert, look no further than this delicious Swedish apple pie recipe. A perfect combination of sweet and tart, this pie is sure to please any palate. So, let’s get started on this old family recipe from Sweden.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, and 2 tablespoons white sugar. Mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie dish, making sure to cover the bottom and sides of the dish.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, 1/2 cup white sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Toss gently until the apples are evenly coated.
5. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie crust, spreading it out evenly.
6. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and egg. Pour this mixture over the top of the apple mixture in the pie crust.
7. Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
This Swedish apple pie is best served warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Your family and friends are sure to love this old family recipe from Sweden. Give it a try and let us know what you think! Bon appétit!