Hey there my lovely foodies! I am back with some exciting recipe secrets that will make you the star of any dinner party! Today’s recipe is going to be something totally unique and unexpected – a mock apple pie made with zucchini and Ritz crackers. Yes, you heard that right. Zucchini and Ritz crackers. But trust me on this one, once you try it, you’ll never go back to regular apple pie again.
First things first, let’s start with the Ritz crackers mock apple pie recipe. This one is the perfect dessert to serve when you want to impress your guests with something totally unexpected. Here’s what you need:
– 2 cups of Ritz crackers
– 1 3/4 cups of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
– 2 lemons
– 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 2 pie crusts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, crush the Ritz crackers into small pieces.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar, cream of tartar, the zest and juice of two lemons, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bowl. Mix everything together.
4. Place the pie crusts into two 9-inch pie pans.
5. Melt the butter and pour it into the mixture you just made. Mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the pie pans.
7. Bake the pies in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Now let’s move on to the zucchini mock apple pie recipe. This one is perfect for those who want to indulge in their sweet tooth but want to keep things healthy at the same time. Here’s what you need:
– 1 pre-made pie crust
– 6 cups of peeled and sliced zucchini
– 1 1/2 cups of sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 3/4 teaspoons of cream of tartar
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/3 cup of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and salt.
3. Add the sliced zucchini to the mixture and stir until the zucchini are coated.
4. Pour the zucchini mixture into the pie crust.
5. Pour the lemon juice all over the zucchini.
6. Cut the butter into small pieces and place them on top of the zucchini mixture.
7. Cover the pie with a top crust and crimp the edges to seal.
8. Cut some slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
9. Bake the pie in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
There you have it, my lovely foodies! Two unexpected and delicious mock apple pie recipes that will make your guests talk about your cooking skills for months to come. Trust me, they won’t even realize that it’s not real apple pie until you reveal your secret ingredient. So go ahead, try these recipes out and impress your family and friends with your amazing culinary skills.