Hey there folks, today I’m going to share with y’all my legendary low-carb apple pie recipe. Trust me, this pie is so delicious and fulfilling, you won’t even miss the carbs. And don’t worry, no real apples were harmed in the making of this pie.
Low-carb Keto Apple Pie Recipe by Cast Iron Keto
First up, let’s take a look at our inspiration for this recipe, brought to you by the amazing folks at Cast Iron Keto. Check out this gorgeous picture of their low-carb keto apple pie.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in the chilled butter and mix until the mixture forms small crumbs.
- Sprinkle the ice water over the top of the mixture and mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Place the dough on a clean, floured surface and roll it out into a circle that’s about 12 inches in diameter.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the prepared pie dish and press it in evenly.
- Mix together the sour cream, golden raisins, and chopped pecans, and spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Apple Pie Jam Low Sugar Recipe by Melissa K. Norris
Now, if you’re like me, you’re always looking for ways to add more apple flavor to your life. Well, lucky for us, the awesome folks over at Melissa K. Norris have come up with an apple pie jam recipe that’s low in sugar too. Check out this amazing picture!
- 12 cups diced apples (Granny Smith or other tart apple)
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the jam has thickened and the apples have softened.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree the jam until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Spoon the jam into sterilized jars and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Well, folks, there you have it. Two incredible recipes to satisfy your apple cravings. And the best part? They won’t break your low-carb or low-sugar diet. Thank you, Cast Iron Keto and Melissa K. Norris, for sharing these mouthwatering recipes with the world!