Let me share two mouth-watering chicken recipes with you, both with a touch of Asian flare. I guarantee you won’t be able to resist them!
Kenji’s General Tso Chicken
This spicy and saucy dish is perfect for those who love a bit of kick in their food! You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds and sliced scallions for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with cornstarch until evenly coated.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and honey.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry until crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir to combine with the garlic mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and toss to coat it in the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
This Filipino-style dish is packed with flavor and is super easy to make in your Instant Pot! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Chopped scallions and cooked rice for serving
- In your Instant Pot, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Place the chicken in the pot, making sure it is covered with the liquid.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the chicken.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it’s done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before quick releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate, covered with foil to keep it warm. Discard the bay leaves and skim off any excess fat from the sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the saute function on and cook the sauce until it thickens to your desired consistency, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, chopped scallions, and cooked rice.
Enjoy these delicious chicken recipes with your family and friends! You won’t believe how easy they are to make with such little effort. Happy cooking!