Hey, y’all! Are you looking for some delicious Hawaiian-style chicken recipes? Check out these two mouth-watering options:
Hawaiian Chicken Adobo
If you love chicken and a little bit of tangy flavor, this is the recipe for you. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides.
- Pour in soy sauce, water, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add the bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes or until sauce reduces.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice!
If you prefer a sweeter, tropical flavor, this recipe is a must-try. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the baking dish and place it on a plate.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.
- Add the remaining sauce from the baking dish to the saucepan and whisk.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve!
These Hawaiian-style chicken recipes are sure to impress. Give them a try and let me know what you think. Aloha!