Today, I am going to share with you one of my favorite Filipino dishes – Chicken Adobo. This dish is so simple to make yet packed with tons of flavor that I know you’ll love. Here’s how to make it in just a few easy steps.
First off, let me introduce you to the star of the dish – the chicken. You’ll need about 2 pounds of bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe. You can also use chicken legs or even a whole chicken if you prefer. Just make sure to cut it into pieces for easier cooking.
To start off, heat up your pan and add in some oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken and sear it until it’s lightly browned. Then, add in some soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Give it a good stir, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
As the chicken cooks, let me introduce you to the two beautiful images that come with this recipe. The first image shows you what the finished dish looks like, with the chicken simmering in a delicious sauce. The second image shows you exactly how to make the dish step-by-step, so you can follow along and create the perfect Chicken Adobo.
Now, let’s get back to the recipe. Once the chicken is cooked through, take it out of the pan and set it aside. Then, turn up the heat and let the sauce simmer until it’s thick and glossy. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
While the sauce is reducing, let me show you how to prepare the chicken. The first step is to remove the skin from the chicken if you haven’t already done so. Then, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces and arrange them on a serving platter.
Once the sauce is done, pour it over the chicken and garnish with some chopped scallions. And there you have it, an easy and delicious Chicken Adobo that will surely impress your guests.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and instructions for this recipe.
– 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup vinegar
– 1/2 cup water
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon peppercorns
– 2 bay leaves
– scallions, chopped for garnish
1. Heat up a pan and add in some oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken and sear until lightly browned.
3. Add in the soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Give it a good stir, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
5. Turn up the heat and let the sauce simmer until it’s thick and glossy, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
7. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with chopped scallions.
As you can see, this recipe is so simple and easy to make. And with the two beautiful images provided, you’ll be able to create the perfect Chicken Adobo every time. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!