Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce for Spicy Grilled Goodness
If you’re a fan of bold and spicy flavors, then you’re likely familiar with the name chipotle. These smoky and spicy chili peppers are a staple in Mexican cuisine and are frequently used in a variety of dishes, from salsas to marinades. But if you really want to up your chipotle game, you need to try them in adobo sauce.
Adobo sauce is a tangy and slightly sweet tomato-based sauce that has been flavored with chipotle peppers, vinegar, garlic, and other spices. When combined with the smoky heat of the chipotles, it creates a delicious and versatile condiment that can be used to add flavor to just about anything.
One of the simplest and most delicious ways to use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce is on the grill. Simply brush some of the sauce onto your favorite meat, fish, or vegetables and throw them on the grill for a flavorful and spicy twist on your usual BBQ.
For example, try marinating some chicken in a mixture of adobo sauce, lime juice, and honey for a sweet and spicy grilled chicken. Or, brush some adobo sauce onto some portobello mushrooms before grilling for a vegan-friendly and flavorful option.
But the possibilities don’t stop there. Adobo sauce is also a great addition to soups, stews, and sauces. Use it to add some smoky heat to your favorite chili recipe or mix it with sour cream for a quick and easy chipotle cream sauce.
Ready to try chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for yourself? Here’s a recipe to get you started:
Grilled Chipotle Chicken
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/2 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix together chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken breasts to a large re-sealable bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard remaining marinade.
4. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Enjoy your spicy and flavorful grilled chicken, and don’t be afraid to experiment with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in other dishes as well!