As a fan of delicious and flavor-packed dishes, I cannot resist the savory and tangy taste of Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo. This Filipino dish is perfect for any occasion, from a fancy dinner party to a casual weeknight meal. The best part? You can make it with just a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker, making it a fuss-free and affordable option.
Deliciously Tender Chicken in a Tangy Adobo Sauce
This recipe yields juicy and tender chicken thighs that are slow-cooked in a savory and tangy Adobo sauce. The sauce is made of soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, bay leaves, and ground pepper. As the chicken simmers in the sauce for hours, it absorbs all the flavors, making it incredibly delicious and aromatic.
A Time-Saving and Easy-to-Follow Recipe
This recipe is perfect for those who have a busy schedule but still want to enjoy home-cooked meals. Simply mix the ingredients for the sauce, layer it with the chicken in the slow cooker, and let it work its magic. The result is tender and flavorful chicken that you can serve with steamed rice or noodles.
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, bay leaves, and black pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker and pour the sauce mixture over it.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place it on a serving dish.
- Strain the sauce and pour it over the chicken.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Next time you are craving a flavorful and comforting meal, try this Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo recipe. It is perfect for entertaining guests or simply satisfying your own taste buds, and it is a dish that will surely become a household favorite.