Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes that you prepare every week? Well, we have something new and exciting for you to try! Introducing our Pressure Cooker Chicken Adobo and Rice Recipe – a dish that will elevate your taste buds and make your weeknight dinners more delicious.
First, let’s start with the star of the dish – the chicken. Using a pressure cooker ensures that the chicken is cooked to perfection, and the flavors are locked in. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
• 1 lb. chicken thighs, bone-in
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 head garlic, minced
• 2 bay leaves
• Cooked rice, for serving
• Green onions, sliced (optional garnish)
1. In the pressure cooker, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, water, garlic, and bay leaves.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the pressure cooker, and turn them over to coat on both sides.
3. Close and lock the lid. Cook the mixture on high pressure for 12 minutes.
4. Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure releases naturally. Do not use quick release.
5. Once you can open the lid, remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and set it aside.
6. Bring the remaining sauce to a boil in the pressure cooker, by using the saute function. This will allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
7. Serve the chicken over cooked rice, and pour the sauce over the top. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
Now that the chicken is taken care of let’s talk about preparing perfect rice to go with it.
• 2 cups of white rice
• 2 cups water
1. Rinse rice in cold water in a pot, drain water and repeat until the water runs almost clear.
2. Add 2 cups of water to the pot of rinsed rice.
3. Bring the pot to a boil.
4. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a low simmer and cover the pot with a lid.
5. Cook the rice for 18 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove the pot from heat and let it sit, covered for five minutes.
7. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Now that your Pressure Cooker Chicken Adobo and rice are almost complete, it’s time to garnish your plate with fresh, green scallions or extra soy sauce.
Looking for even more variation? Try pairing this dish with garlic roasted vegetables or a simple mixed greens salad. We hope that you enjoy preparing and savoring this delicious Pressure Cooker Chicken Adobo and rice recipe. Bon Appetit!