Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that never fails to satisfy anyone’s taste buds. With just seven simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and flavorful meal that’s perfect for any occasion. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the easy steps to create your own savory chicken adobo at home.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (or a combination of chicken thighs and drumsticks)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken to the pot, making sure it’s completely coated in the marinade.
- Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer the chicken, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Serve hot over rice or with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
This recipe is incredibly easy and versatile – you can even use it as a base for other dishes or add different ingredients to make it your own. For example, you can add potatoes or mushrooms to the pot to make it heartier, or use coconut milk instead of vinegar for a sweeter taste.
With this classic chicken adobo recipe, you can now impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. It’s a delicious, comforting, and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion. Give it a try today and savor the flavors of the Philippines right at your own home!