Let me put you on to this amazing Chicken Adobo recipe that I recently stumbled upon. It’s so flavorful and juicy, and will definitely have you coming back for seconds. Trust me, you’ll love it!
First, let’s start with some beautiful visuals. As you can see below, the two images show the scrumptious Chicken Adobo in all its glory.
Check out these mouth-watering Chicken Adobo dishes!
Onto the main attraction, the recipe itself. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
And here are the steps to make this wonderful dish:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, add soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, and bay leaves. Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pot and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the pot and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and marinade to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves and transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Spoon some sauce over the chicken and serve with rice.
This Chicken Adobo recipe is perfect for a cozy night in or even a large family gathering. It’s so versatile and easy to make, with ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family so they can indulge in this amazing meal as well.