Alright folks, prepare your taste buds for an explosion of flavor because we are making some seriously delicious Chicken Adobo today! This classic Filipino dish is sure to become a new favorite in your household once you experience the perfection of its savory yet tangy flavor profile. Don’t believe me? Well, just wait until you sink your teeth into a succulent piece of chicken that has been marinated in a delicious blend of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and other spices!
First, let’s start with the basics – the ingredients. You’ll need:
– 1.5 lbs of bone-in chicken thighs or legs
– 1/2 cup of soy sauce
– 1/2 cup of vinegar (white or apple cider)
– 1 head of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
– 3 bay leaves
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Now that we have everything we need, let’s get started with the recipe.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the mixture, making sure that they are well coated. Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add it to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is browned on both sides.
5. Pour in the marinade and add the brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
6. Cover the skillet and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened.
And there you have it, folks! Delicious Chicken Adobo that will leave your taste buds singing with joy. But wait, we’re not done yet. Let’s take a look at these mouth-watering pictures of the dish.
Chicken Adobo Recipe – Best Filipino Recipes
Man, these pictures have me salivating just looking at them. I can’t wait to make this dish for myself and enjoy all the flavorful goodness that it has to offer. So why not give it a try and let me know what you think? Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!