Hey there foodies! Are you ready for a flavor explosion in your taste buds? Today, I’ve got a recipe for you that will make those taste buds sing and dance. It’s the famous Filipino Chicken Adobo, but with a twist, Bisaya style!
Bisaya-Style Chicken Adobo
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a pan, saute the garlic and onion until they turn golden brown. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the bay leaves, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Now, I know that this recipe may look simple, but trust me, it’s packed with so much flavor that you won’t be able to resist going for a second serving. The combination of vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar make for the perfect balance of tangy, salty, and sweet. And the secret ingredient here is the bay leaves, which give the dish that unique aroma and flavor.
So, what are you waiting for? Give this dish a go and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills. Just don’t forget to share the recipe with them so they can recreate it at home. Happy cooking!