Y’all ready for the ultimate healthy apple pie? Trust me, this pie is the real deal. I ain’t just saying that either, it’s got all the flavors you love without any of the guilt. Let’s get baking!
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 6 cups chopped apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9-inch pie dish. Roll out your pie crust and transfer it to the dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples, maple syrup, applesauce, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until everything is well combined.
3. Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Scatter the pieces of butter over the top of the filling.
4. Bake the pie on the center rack of your oven for 50-60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let the pie cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
This pie is absolutely delicious and tastes just as good as the regular stuff. The pure maple syrup gives it a rich, deep flavor that really complements the apples. Plus, the applesauce and cornstarch work together to create a filling that’s perfectly thick and gooey.
If you’re looking to make this dessert even healthier, you can swap out the pre-made pie crust for a homemade one made with almond flour or coconut flour. Whatever you do, just make sure you enjoy every last bite!
There you have it, the ultimate healthy apple pie. I hope y’all enjoy it just as much as I did!